Tuesday, September 24, 2013

It's the little things

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... people who tell you to "stop looking" for a partner when you're single just don't get it.

I'm bringing this up because I don't ever want to be one of those people. And because after a long time alone, I'm not anymore. And everywhere I turn, things are different.

The glasses in the sink are from wine for two- not sipping cordials by myself.

Getting regular texts throughout the day (from someone besides my mom :P) is now the norm.

I don't wonder if my dresses are going to turn to dust in the closet before I have the chance to wear them out for a night on the town.

The kitchen table is regularly cleared so that people can eat at it (instead of in the living room in front of the TV).

And at any given time, I know I don't have to face my difficult times alone. They're still my problems and I still want to find solutions myself, but I have someone to listen, commiserate, and remind me of the good things in life.
This is how it should be.












Sorry for the sap

No comments:

Post a Comment