Friday, July 8, 2011

Things I hate

Writing at cafes today and being constantly annoyed by.... well, everything. So here is a list:
**please note that the author reserves the right to be completely ridiculous and contradictory in this list


  • Loud people
  • Rude people
  • Bossy people
  • Children
  • Men
  • Women
  • Coffee
  • Chai
  • Tea
  • Water
  • Having to pay for water 
  • Salt
  • People who are not me
  • Me
  • People with jarringly loud ringtones who constantly get phone calls
  • 40 year old women who make multiple phone calls and leave messages solely consisting of the sentence, "They broke up." (wtf??)
  • Men who talk down to everyone, including other people's voicemails
  • Men who leave voicemails at a vocal volume significantly greater than normal converaational levels
  • Spell check and lack thereof
  • Science
  • People who I think I vaguely recognize but not enough to decide to say hello
  • Bad covers of Buddy Holly songs (WTF Starbucks??!!)
  • Social constraints against bringing cuddly kitty friends to cafes
  • Short people who live too far away to have anti-stress dance parties with me
  • Guys who give me the eye
  • Guys who don't give me the eye
  • Time
  • Too much AC
  • Parking meters
  • Cashiers who ask me for my student ID when I ask for my student discount, when I am carrying a backpack and am across the street from campus
  • Jim Morrison's pretentious look in the vintage concert poster facing me
  • The fact that I spent 10 minutes making this list instead of writing my qualifier

The next entry....a few I forgot

No comments:

Post a Comment