Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Unconditional love

I once dated a guy who didn't believe that animals have feelings.

I don't know what I was thinking.


This morning it was chilly. I was bundled up in my blankets and was having a dream about staying at an awful hotel for a conference (all too real, in my opinion) when I awoke. Checking my phone and seeing that I had time to sleep more, I stumbled to the bathroom and back, alerting my three year old cat, Rosie, that I was "awake". She jumped up on the bed, probably expecting attention, but I rolled over and went back to sleep with the comforter pulled up to my chin and tucked in around my shoulders, practically an air-tight seal.
When I awoke on my side, I found that Rosie had scrunched herself into the mini crevice between my arm and stomach. I smiled but, uncomfortable, rolled over onto my back. Rosie complied and moved to lie on my chest on the part that people are always rubbing in Vaporub commercials; exactly where I can feel the cold when a sinus infection is coming on. Then she began to purr.

Maybe she was just cold, but this is what I call unconditional love.


posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment