Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Taken by the sky



This is a poem composed of lines from some of the songs that mean the most to me. It was an interesting exercise and I'm surprised at how the flow developed as I would have planned, even though I didn't intend for it. The artists are as follows; David Guetta (Sia), Linkin Park, P!nk, Postal Service, Alicia Keys, fun., The Killers, Starship, Matchbox Twenty, KT Tunstall, Corinne Bailey Rae, U2, Styx, Florence + The Machine, Damnwells, Leonard Cohen, Fleetwood Mac

Looks like she's a girl but she's a flame,
Waiting for the end to come.
I can understand when the edges are rough
And you feel so much
And you don't know how long you're gonna last
And it won't be a pretty sight.

You shout it out
But I can't hear a word you say
Well, some nights I wish this all would end
Cause I could use some friends for a change.
I know what it takes to move on
I know how it feels to lie
And sometimes I get nervous
When I see an open door.

I don't want to be the girl who has to feel the silence
No time is a good time for goodbye.
The hardest part of ending
Is starting again.

Slow dancing on the boulevard
In the quiet moments when the city's still dark
Night swimming in her diamond dress
She fills up every corner like she's born in black and white.

Three little birds sat on my window
And they told me I don't have to worry.
See the bird with a leaf in her mouth-
After the flood all the colors came out.
A gathering of angels appeared around my head;
Shake it out, shake it out.
Fall apart confetti come on,
Keep the tempo slow and true.
The holy or the broken
Hallelujah.

No comments:

Post a Comment